What happens next?
- We'll find the right person to deal with your complaint.
- We'll be in touch with you as soon as possible to let you know how we'll deal with it.
- We'll try to resolve the problem as soon as possible - within 10 working days.
- We'll keep in touch with you throughout.
- We are committed to fair play to our customers and this is core to our complaint handling.
- If the issue is especially complicated, it may take more than 10 days to resolve, and we might need more information from you to help us make a decision.
We then regularly review all complaints to ensure that our wider business and processes live up to the high standards we set for ourselves, and we improve anything that needs to be.
If you're still not happy after this:
if you're unhappy with the outcome you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to carry out an independent review of your complaint. Either way, you have the right to ask them to review your complaint if we've been unable to resolve it within 8 weeks.
If you are unsure whether the Financial Ombudsman Service will consider your complaint, please contact them directly for advice. The service they provide is free and impartial and contacting them at any stage of your complaint will not affect your legal rights.
The contact details are:
Financial Ombudsman Service
If you are unhappy with the product or the service you received, you can also use the European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution service to make a complaint. The purpose of this platform is to identify a suitable Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) provider and we expect that this will be the Financial Ombudsman Service. Please be aware that the Financial Ombudsman Service will only be able to consider your complaint after Aviva have had the opportunity to consider and resolve this.